• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zona Nation View Post
    It's Navy coach, Ken Niumatalolo. He will be announced today
    So lol then or...?
    Go STRONG to the mouth

Comment

For Tate, what's the point of a winning record or even a Heisman if running the option eliminates any chance of being anything other than a back-up running back in the NFL?
      Transfer immediately?
      Go STRONG to the mouth

Comment

Great offense for Tate because we can still throw 10 times per game and set QB rushing records.

After hes gone...not sure what to expect.

Comment

This reminds me of the John Mackovic hire. He was available and had a national reputation. But couldn't do squat coaching-wise.

Seriously, we can't do better than this? Sheesh, might as well hire Nemer Hassey or Pat Nugent. At least we'd save some money with those hires!

And they can relate to the HS kids and can coach a real offense, not some gimmick!

Comment

Everyone needs to relax. Navy's coach is a good coach. Surround him with good coordinators and position cosches and you have a GREAT leader of a program. Everything will be fine. Deep breaths.
            Bear Down for what!?

Comment

No. It is time for this program to hit a home run, not settle or an intentional walk, hoping the guy in the 9 slot moves the runner along. Hire the right guy and you won't be spending money on a buyout a few years later. Just use that money you save to hire a real coach.

Will the N guy be able to hire the same caliber of assistants as Sumlin would? Would Yates even stay?
              Last edited by Wildcat Dad; 01-13-2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

And summer, this late in the game tell me who he gets as coordinators. I see his options as limited at best, The likely option is his current OC. Bad choice. Who is next? A first timer as his OC while he is learning a new style? Bad choice. A veteran coach? Who leaves their gig to participate in the experiment?

Comment

I absolutely agree that KN is an amazing coach. My bro in law left Tucson for the naval academy so I’ve watched plenty of their games over the years.

His O-line has been undersized yet they still find ways to open running lanes and get first downs.

he is a well spoken leader that should be able to recruit good character kids, including quick athletic players, highly rated Samoan linemen and intelligent offensive minds.

On on the other hand, everybody wants to be in the NFL...not in a triple option. This is either a really good...or really bad hire.

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by KansasCityCats View Post
                    I absolutely agree that KN is an amazing coach. My bro in law left Tucson for the naval academy so I’ve watched plenty of their games over the years.

His O-line has been undersized yet they still find ways to open running lanes and get first downs.

he is a well spoken leader that should be able to recruit good character kids, including quick athletic players, highly rated Samoan linemen and intelligent offensive minds.

On on the other hand, everybody wants to be in the NFL...not in a triple option. This is either a really good...or really bad hire.

Time will tell.
                    I do not disagree that he is a good coach. I just don't believe he is the right coach or Arizona. If we hire him, he and Heeke will be gone after a couple of sub .500 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Dad View Post
                      No. It is time for this program to hit a home run, not settle or an intentional walk, hoping the guy in the 9 slot moves the runner along. Hire the right guy and you won't be spending money on a buyout a few years later. Just use that money you save to hire a real coach.

Will the N guy be able to hire the same caliber of assistants as Sumlin would? Would Yates even stay?
                      Agree 100%.

No. And probably No.

Comment

http://www.espn.com/college-football...-coaching-hunt

the search is stilll on!

Comment

http://www.espn.com/college-football...h-kevin-sumlin

life is good!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X