2019 4* SG Josh Green

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 4* SG Josh Green

2019 four-star shooting guard Josh Green has the attention of a number of schools including Arizona, whom he has visited.

“It was a great experience,” said Green about his Arizona visit. “They have great facilities and a great coaching staff. I really enjoyed the visit.”

Although high on his list, Arizona has plenty of competition for Green, who attends Phoenix (Az.) Hillcrest Prep. He rattled off UCLA, Washington, UNLV, Utah and TCU as schools who are strongly involved with him. This is in no way a full school list, however.

Coming originally from Australia, Green noted that he is willing to play anywhere in the country and is not bound by geography.

Green also noted that UCLA is working hard to get him on campus for a visit some time after July.

At 6-5, 195-pounds, Green is a bouncy athlete who is great at attacking the rim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXPU_fQwe08

Comment

http://www.scout.com/college/arizona...een-in-no-rush
      Mesa (Ariz.) Hillcrest Prep wing Josh Green is one of the fastest rising prospects in the west in 2019, yet he continues to work hard to improve his game.

“I have been trying to progress a lot and become more versatile,” Green said. “I have been working on playing the point guard and shooting guard, so I think that has helped my game a lot.”

Green is hearing from schools throughout the country, but is choosing not to get too caught up with his recruitment as of now.

“Every school I talk to seems great,” Green said. “I have not really been focusing on it though because I want to focus on my game and make sure I am ready to play on that level.”

The four-star Australian native has visited Arizona before and came away impressed with the experience.

“Arizona is a great school with a great coaching staff,” he said. “I have been down there before and Arizona has a great environment also. It’s just a great school overall.”

In addition, Green is familiar with the Arizona program for another reason.

“I played with DeAndre Ayton last year,” Green said. “It really helped my game out, especially with the pick and roll game. I learned so much playing with him.”

As Green goes throughout the process, he has a good idea of what he is looking for in a school.

“I am going to be looking for a school where I am going to have an impact right away and one that has a staff that is going to want to stay there for a long time, so I don’t have to worry about it changing,” he said.

Again though, Green is in no rush to make a decision.

“I don’t have any plans to see any visits and I really have not thought about making any type of decision or anything like that,” he said.

Comment

Josh Greshon calls Arizona the leader in the recruitment

Comment

Green is transferring out of Arizona to IMG, it shouldn't affect his recruitment
          Last edited by Zona Nation; 09-20-2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Scout. After having a very big lead with Green early there were some questions over the last few months but it still sounds like Arizona is the team to beat here.

Comment

Josh will be on Campus today for another unofficial visit. I believe this will be his forth visit to Tucson

Comment

247/Scout has made Josh a 5* https://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Green-46037279

Comment

Josh Green has cracked top ten in Rivals top 100 https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

Comment

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basket...-visits-commit

Comment

Josh separated his shoulder. He should be good to go by the beginning of his senior year

Comment

Green will be on campus October 13th (Red Blue Game) for an official visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zona Nation View Post
                          Green will be on campus October 13th (Red Blue Game) for an official visit.
                          Awesome news just seen this on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DT4

Green and Jeremiah Robinson-Earl will both visit UNC and Arizona together. They visit UNC on Sept 22nd and then Arizona for the Red-Blue game.
                            Nice, competing with UNC will be tuff but the Red/Blue game is always a great time to visit hopefully that can give us an edge.

Comment

Alright so I ran into one of Nico's coaches on Saturday. Brought up Nico committing to our Cats and the first thing out of his mouth was "you'll be getting Josh Green too". I asked why he felt so strongly about that and he said Nico and Josh always considered themselves "a package deal". Makes sense given everything we know but I never actually heard the term package deal until he brought it up.

He never suggested a timetable for Josh to potentially commit and I didn't ask because he knows Nico and I'm not sure he has ever met Josh. Based on upcoming visits, you've gotta like our chances of potentially getting Josh to commit around the Red & Blue game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickelback View Post
                                Alright so I ran into one of Nico's coaches on Saturday. Brought up Nico committing to our Cats and the first thing out of his mouth was "you'll be getting Josh Green too". I asked why he felt so strongly about that and he said Nico and Josh always considered themselves "a package deal". Makes sense given everything we know but I never actually heard the term package deal until he brought it up.

He never suggested a timetable for Josh to potentially commit and I didn't ask because he knows Nico and I'm not sure he has ever met Josh. Based on upcoming visits, you've gotta like our chances of potentially getting Josh to commit around the Red & Blue game.
                                Wow if this package deal thing is true than what a start it will be for recruiting for us for 2019. I have always been iffy on the package deals but I'm really hoping this one comes true.

Comment

Alright one more piece of news which aligns with the "package deal" statement: one of Nico's main reasons for reclassifying was to play with Josh Green in college. Even though he's ready for the next level, Nico wasn't in a huge rush to leave home or move on from high school. But playing with Josh Green was a good reason to reclassify.

The main reason the so called recruiting "experts" have predicted Green to North Carolina is that Green's dream school while growing up in Australia was the Tar Heels. That was over 4 years ago before he moved to Phoenix or played with Nico. Most of those expert predictions to UNC were also made before Nico committed to our Cats. I have no idea if any of them would change their minds now or if they understand the friendship between Nico and Josh but I'd bet the farm on Green picking our Cats at this point.

Comment

Alright one more piece of news which aligns with the "package deal" statement: one of Nico's main reasons for reclassifying was to play with Josh Green in college. Even though he's ready for the next level, Nico wasn't in a huge rush to leave home or move on from high school. But playing with Josh Green was a good reason to reclassify.

The main reason the so called recruiting "experts" have predicted Green to North Carolina is that Green's dream school while growing up in Australia was the Tar Heels. That was over 4 years ago before he moved to Phoenix or played with Nico. Most of those expert predictions to UNC were also made before Nico committed to our Cats. I have no idea if any of them would change their minds now or if they understand the friendship between Nico and Josh but I'd bet the farm on Green picking our Cats at this point.
                                    Thanks NB. Frickin awesome news!!

Comment

I've been hoping for this duo, keeping my fingers crossed for great news.

Comment

Josh Green will announce his college decision tomorrow... Arizona bound

Comment

Yeah, Playerprogramu has him committing today. Great news.

Comment

Welcome to the family Josh.....Nico and Josh was the duo I was hoping for and it happens BEARDOWN!!!!!!

Comment

Well I gotta give Miller credit, he can take a hit and keep on going.

Nico & Green may just make the best backcourt we've had under Miller. I'm hoping to see great guards at Zona like we once had. And this could be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                                                Well I gotta give Miller credit, he can take a hit and keep on going.

Nico & Green may just make the best backcourt we've had under Miller. I'm hoping to see great guards at Zona like we once had. And this could be it.
                                                If BWill stays that's another high profile guard to add to the mix especially since Miller has been talking about this 3-guard line up recently. You could have Nico and BWill at the 1 & 2 and slide Green to the 3 spot and that will be a sight to see.

Comment

Josh Green will sign his LOI on Friday. Nico signed today

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/stat...82064150360064
                                                  Last edited by DT4; Yesterday, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X