2020 - Arizona Recruiting Targets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 - Arizona Recruiting Targets

Feel free to add other names to this thread and I'll update the list as soon as I can.

Actively Recruiting:
    PLAYER NEWS
    Terren Frank - 4* - 6'7" - PF
    • Offer
    • Current teammate of Koloko at Sierra Canyon
    MarJon Beauchamp - 5* - 6'6" - SG
    • Offer
    • Offical Visits:
      • Washington - Oct 19, 2018
    Jalen Johnson - 5* - 6'8" - SF
    • Offer
    • Official Visits:
      • Duke - Oct 19, 2018
      • Arizona - Nov 2, 2018
      • UCLA - Nov 16, 2018
    Ziaire Williams, Jr. - 4* - 6'8" - PF
    • Offer
    • Official Visits:
      • Stanford - Jan 12, 2019
    Daishen Nix - 4* - 6'2" - PG
    Shon Robinson - 3* - 6'8" - PF
    • Offer
    • Official Visits:
      • Memphis - Sep 13, 2018
      • Wisconsin - Oct 6, 2018
      • Ole Miss - Oct 19, 2018
    Jalen Green - 5* - 6"5" - SG
    Nimari Burnett - 4* - 6'3" -SG
    Jason Harris - 4* - 6'8" - PF
    • Offer (from football team)
      • Top 10 DE prospect, too
    Dishon "DJ" Jackson - 4* - 6'9" - C
    Coleman Hawkins - 3* - 6'8" - SF
    No longer Considering
    Julian Strawther - 4* - 6'7" - SF
    Isaiah Cottrell - 4* - 6'8" - PF
    Last edited by DT4; 03-24-2019, 08:48 PM.

We in on any of the local talent for the 2020 class?

#13 Kyree Walker (5-star) -- HARD PASS

#24 Addison Patterson (5-star) -- 6'6 SG, Terry Armstrong's teammate at Bella Vista

#37 Dalen Terry (4-star) -- 6'7 SF from Corona Del Sol

#62 Dayten Holman (4-star) -- 6'6 CG, also Terry Armstrong's teammate at Bella Vista

Comment

Originally posted by UAlum View Post
      We in on any of the local talent for the 2020 class?

#13 Kyree Walker (5-star) -- HARD PASS

#24 Addison Patterson (5-star) -- 6'6 SG, Terry Armstrong's teammate at Bella Vista

#37 Dalen Terry (4-star) -- 6'7 SF from Corona Del Sol

#62 Dayten Holman (4-star) -- 6'6 CG, also Terry Armstrong's teammate at Bella Vista
      From what I've seen Patterson, Terry, and Holman do not hold offers from Arizona. Terry has officially visited Utah. Patterson is from Ontario. Holman has taken an unofficial to Arizona, but doesn't have an offer. I'm sure a lot will change between now and next year though.
      Last edited by DT4; 10-27-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Updated with Julian Strawther official visit schedule. He said that he also has plans for unofficial visits to Arizona and USC and not official because he can just get in his car and drive there.

Comment

Ziaire Williams, Expect Arizona to be in the Williams’ sweepstakes until the end.

“Arizona’s coaches have contacted me a bunch," Williams said. "They want me to get down there as soon as possible and I’m totally in on that. I just haven’t been able to make time in my schedule at this point, but with the way they recruit and the kind of coaches they have I’m for sure interested in learning as much about them as possible.”

Comment

https://247sports.com/Article/Dishon...ter-125345450/

Comment

Perfect replacement for Chase Jeter.

Would be ideal alongside Koloko and Nnaji (assuming Zeke is around for his sosphomore year).

Comment

Josh Gershon,
                Who are the primary Arizona targets in 2020 at this point?
                Ziaire Williams for sure. Could see UA trying with Josh Christopher. Jalen Johnson, maybe Daishen Nix, Jason Harris and Dishon Jackson.

Comment

Shon Robinson, Arizona has been heavily involved with Shon Robinson for a while now. There is some hesitancy among the schools recruiting him and a few others because of a couple of issues, but as of now he remains a major target for the Wildcats. Ole Miss, Arizona State, DePaul, USC, and others are some of the schools Robinson hears from consistently.

“Robinson is a face up post with decent size, long arms and a plus skill in his shooting ability for the position,” 247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Josh Gershon writes. “While Robinson tends to drift on the perimeter and can be prone to forcing shots, when he takes good ones he's a very difficult player to guard on the perimeter due to his size and length.

“Robinson is still very physically immature and it's possible that with strength, he'll naturally gain confidence in the paint. As it is though, he's currently most comfortable on the perimeter.

“His physical tools give him upside as a rebounder and defender, even if he's not strong enough to make a big impact on that end at this point. Even though Robinson is still more prospect than player, there's no questioning his upside, especially given his ability to shoot for his size.” https://247sports.com/Player/Shon-Robinson-46048880/
                  Last edited by Zona Nation; 12-01-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Ziaire Williams, Arizona and Stanford have long been the two favorites for Williams, but USC and UCLA are involved and his recruitment is becoming national with attention from UNC. There seems to be a ways to go in this one and the coaching staff is going to have to continue to work hard to land Williams.

“Williams is a long and versatile wing who has a combination of high floor and high ceiling,” Gershon writes. “Even though Williams still has plenty of room to gain strength, he's a very good shooter given his size and length.

“He can hit threes, midrange pull-ups and has a very good floater. Not just a shooter, Williams has the handle and first step to take opponents o the dribble and finish at the rim. As Williams has grown into his body and added strength, his athleticism has continued to improve.

“There’s every reason to believe that he’s still very early into his developmental curve. Williams is easily one of the top prospects on the West Coast in 2020.” https://247sports.com/Player/Ziaire-Williams-46049794/
                    Last edited by Zona Nation; 12-01-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Jalen Johnson, Johnson visited Arizona recently and the Wildcats are right in the thick of things. Wisconsin will try to stay involved, but this will be a blue blood battle. Duke and Kentucky are two schools in there as strong as anybody and there’s a good chance Johnson takes all of his officials before deciding.https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Johnson-94440/
                      Last edited by Zona Nation; 12-01-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

MarJon Beauchamp, We’re surprised Beauchamp does not have more offers, but that’s probably coming. UCLA, Washington, and Arizona seem to be the main schools involved and we would expect that list to eventually grow.

“Beauchamp is a long wing who fits the physical profile of many recent players at his position who have come through Seattle,” Gershon writes. “He’s got good size, very long arms and is extremely physically immature, with plenty of room to gain strength in time.

"Beauchamp is best as a slashing scorer, who has a midrange jumper and oater that he scores at an efficient rate. He's also good at getting to the rim and drawing fouls, although he'll need to get stronger before he finishes with contact at a high level.

Not just a scorer, Beauchamp has plus vision and does a nice job creating for teammates. His physical attributes give him upside as a rebounder and defender. https://247sports.com/Player/MarJon-Beauchamp-46046880/
                        Last edited by Zona Nation; 12-01-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Joshua Christopher, We once thought Christopher was a lock to go to the NBA if the new rule passes, but now that it looks like it could be delayed a bit, his recruitment is back on. He’s likely going to have his choice of schools, though it could be difficult to get him out of California.

“Christopher has made great strides over his high school career, as his skill set has quickly caught up to his athleticism,” Gershon writes. “He’s a much improved shooter who has range to three and can hit pull-up midrange jumpers.

"Where Christopher is best is off the bounce due to his explosive athleticism and body control. He's extremely efficient in transition, while his quick first step and ability to finish with contact make him a difficult player to guard off the bounce in the half court as well.”https://247sports.com/Player/Joshua-...pher-46047630/
                          Last edited by Zona Nation; 12-01-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Julian Strawther, Strawther does not seem to have any favorites with schools such as Florida, Gonzaga, and Washington being involved.

The main reason why schools like Strawther so much is his versatility due to his size and ability to play multiple positions.

Not only is he versatile, but Strawther has strong passing ability for a player his size and can stretch the court past the three-point line. https://247sports.com/Player/Julian-Strawther-46035981/
                            Last edited by Zona Nation; 12-01-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Nimari Burnett, Arizona and USC are probably the two schools doing the best for Burnett, but he is one of the better players in the country and will have plenty of choices. We do expect both those schools to be right there in the end and it will be interesting to see if the recruitment goes national considering Indiana offered this past summer. https://247sports.com/Player/Nimari-Burnett-46051244/
                              Last edited by Zona Nation; 12-01-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Daishen Nix, Nix is the best point guard in the west in the 2020 class and will be recruited as such because it isn’t a great class.

Maryland, Gonzaga, Kansas, Washington, and plenty of others have offered and because of the lack of depth at the position, there is a decent chance his recruitment blows up.

“Nix is a consistently improving point guard with good size who looks like he's still growing,” Gershon writes. “His frame was much thicker as an underclassman and he's leaned out over the las year.

“Still, he's more point guard quick than naturally athletic. Nix does a nice job balancing creating and scoring. He has a smooth stroke with range to three, but also can put the ball on the ground and use his vision and high basketball IQ to make plays for others.” https://247sports.com/Player/Daishen-Nix-46050728/

Comment

With there being some time off, Arizona’s coaches hit the road recruiting. There are two major tournaments going on right now and both of them are in California. The following players are participating in the tournaments

Comment

Christopher is one of the best players in the country in 2020 and will continue to be a priority for Arizona, though it won’t be easy. There’s some connections to California and both USC and UCLA are going to do anything possible to get him to stay in-state. Still, the staff is going to try and he is certainly worth the effort. https://247sports.com/Player/Joshua-...pher-46047630/

Comment

Arizona has not done much with Maker up until this point, but his situation means he is intriguing, especially if he decides to reclassify to 2019.

“Over the summer, Makur moved back to Southern California and enrolled at Orange (Calif.) Lutheran,” 247Sports National Analyst Josh Gershon wrote earlier this month. “According to the family, they are applying for clearance from the CIF to be recognized as a junior and a member of the 2020 class.

“On Saturday at the BattleZone at Corona (Calif.) Centennial, the now 6-foot-11, 235-pound post showed just how far he’s come as a prospect since leaving Chaminade as a freshman.

“Makur has very good size, long arms, broad shoulders, explosive athleticism, a terrific motor, legit range to the perimeter on his jumper, impressive footwork, has plus vision, protects the rim and is a strong rebounder.” UCLA is the lone offer for Maker right now, but that will change if there is growing confidence in his academic situation. In addition, he remains a member of the 2020 class, but if a certain amount fo work gets done, moving to the 2019 class could become a legitimate option.

As of now, he is simply a guy to keep an eye on and Arizona has not done a lot with him, but if everything gets straightened out, we could see the staff kicking the tires a bit.

https://247sports.com/Player/Makur-Maker-45572967/
                                      Last edited by Zona Nation; 12-29-2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Nix has tremendous size (6-foot-5) and strength for a primary ball handler,” 247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Evan Daniels writes. “He showed impressive vision, deft passing and an ability to have command of a team. The truth is Nix may be the best passer in all of high school basketball.

“To go with his passing ability, Nix showed a fairly quick first step and was able to slice his way into the paint when needed. He has a high basketball IQ and an ability to play physical and through contact.”

Arizona is involved with Nix, but there are a bunch of others as well and Nix does not talk about the process much. Schools like TCU, Maryland, UCLA, Memphis, and others are some of the schools that he is mentioning. As of now, Nix is clearly the best point guard in the west for 2020. https://247sports.com/Player/Daishen-Nix-46050728/

Comment

The 6-foot-8, 200-pound 2020 power forward from Las Vegas Bishop Gorman is currently the 58th ranked prospect in the 247Sports Composite Rankings but his play over the last couple months suggests that his stock is moving in a positive direction,” Gershon writes.
                                          “Cottrell has good size and length, is a plus athlete and has added to his consistency, doing a nice job producing on both sides of the court, finishing in the paint, hitting midrange jumpers, rebounding and protecting the rim.”

Cottrell has already taken official visits to Rutgers and West Virginia and has plans to take others as well.https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Cottrell-46040560/

Comment

Expect Burnett to become one of Arizona’s main targets in 2020. He fits in well with what Sean Miller likes to do and just happens to be one of the best players in the country as well. Burnett does not give away a lot with his recruitment, but the Wildcats remain involved.https://247sports.com/Player/Nimari-Burnett-46051244/

Comment

Joshua Christopher “Arizona reaches out a lot,” Christopher said. “That’s the school that stands out a little bit more in the Pac-12. Coach Mark Phelps talks to me a lot. He actually came to one of my tournaments out in Palm Springs to check me out. “I like the style of play at Arizona because you can play to your strengths. Miller is a good coach. He’s had a lot of success at the college level and has obviously put guys in the NBA at the next level.”

In addition to his positive impression of the coaching staff, Christopher came away pleased with the fan base on his unofficial visit.

“The fans at Arizona are great,” he said. “It was crazy down there when I visited. It would be cool to play in an area where the fans are always so passionate and excited to watch you.” https://247sports.com/Player/Joshua-...pher-46047630/
                                              Last edited by Zona Nation; 01-09-2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

“I have a solid relationship with the coaches at Arizona,” Beauchamp said. “I’m leaning towards the Pac-12 and I like Arizona a lot right now. Everyone on the coaching staff has been good to me and I like the way they do things there https://247sports.com/Player/MarJon-Beauchamp-46046880/
                                                Last edited by Zona Nation; 01-22-2019, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zona Nation View Post
                                                  “I have a solid relationship with the coaches at Arizona,” Beauchamp said. “I’m leaning towards the Pac-12 and I like Arizona a lot right now. Everyone on the coaching staff has been good to me and I like the way they do things there https://247sports.com/Player/MarJon-Beauchamp-46046880/
                                                  Great news. It would be nice to get a 2020 commit to get the class started.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X