Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Oregon - Sat 01/13 - 12pm (MST)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Thread: Oregon - Sat 01/13 - 12pm (MST)

Click image for larger version  Name:	OU 0113.png Views:	1 Size:	92.8 KB ID:	9537

Who: Oregon Ducks
    When: Saturday - January 13th, 2018 - 12:00pm (MST)
    Watch:
    Listen: https://tunein.com/radio/Arizona-IMG...twork-s206504/
    Live Stats http://www.arizonawildcats.com/news/...210276803.aspx
    Misc: Follow Bear Down Central on twitter (@BearDownCentral) and facebook.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 5.51.55 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	9539

Last edited by DT4; 01-12-2018, 04:47 PM.

Local Oregon perspective http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/inde..._pull_off.html

Comment

Man, we'd better be getting a boatload of cash from ESPN! Game time at noon? Come on!!

Comment

We played tough when we had to. IMO what drives Miller nuts is we just don't play with that intensity for an entire game. Giving up 13-14 pt leads to fall behind it's painful to watch, but in the end we defended our court.

Altman is a great coach. The Ducks will be the team to beat next season

Comment

Another game in doubt with 4 minutes to play that we end up pulling away so we aren't sweating a final possession. Execution on both ends of the floor in crunch time is a definite positive for this team, but as Big Ben said, why can't we see it more consistently throughout the game.

Comment

I think it is now clear this team is mentally weak. They have consistently shown the inability to keep a mental focus on both ends of the court for more than five minutes at a time. Every game there are lengthy periods of inexcusable breakdowns and stupid plays. I know this drives Miller nuts because one of the hallmarks of his past teams has been their mental toughness.

Unfortunately, I doubt this is something that can be fixed. Either you have it, or you don't and this team has too many players who don't. Their talent is often enough to overcome their lack of mental focus most times but it does not bode well come tournament time. We shall see.
            Last edited by SCDave; 01-14-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Everybody did their part to win yesterday.

Ayton and Trier put up points, PJC dishes out 6 assists, Rawle allowed the offense to flow, Pinter played great D, Ristic forced Oregon to double the interior by making his hook shots, Ira brought energy off the bench and Randolph pushed the tempo.

Everybody seems to have a role on this team and it’s easy to know that we have a better chance at “finishing” games than years past...because we hit free throws.

Comment

It was Ayton again who won this game for us. THey had no answer to him.

Trier on the other hand was the reason we almost lost. Yes he hit all the free throws which were crucial but the guys he guarded (and I use that term loosely) scored on virtually ever possession in the last 5 minutes. The Ducks then started throwing up 3's from the guards instead of feeding the guy trier was standing next to. If they had continued with that offense, they would have scored and Trier would have fouled out. We got lucky that didn't happen.

In my estimation, Coach Miller was talking about Zo after the Colorado loss. He is a liability when he is at the point and the offense stops when he's there. His idea of running the offense is to dribble the ball until there's less than 10 seconds and either force a pass and create a turnover or chuck up a prayer 3 that is rarely answered.

There is no way Trier will win P12 POY, he'll be lucky to make 2nd team P12. He might not get AA status either. He's running on reputation (last year and the early non-conference games).

He may have the heart of a lion but he is playing for himself. I guess that's why the NBA doesn't have him as a first round selection and barely in the 2nd round.

Believe it or not, I really hope he can turn things around and really lead the Cats to the Final Four.

Comment

I don't see ZO in that way at all. At all. I seem to remember a clutch three coming at the end when it was needed. Why crap on the guy who chose to come back this year after missing half of last season while the ncaa took their sweet time to clear him. Most kids woulda bolted after enduring that. Tell me where this team would be without his scoring? Miller has never had a player put up 20 ppg - and this year he has two. Also watch who can get the ball to Ayton (kinda important) - cuz Trier does the best job of that.

Comment

Originally posted by laxcat View Post
                    It was Ayton again who won this game for us. THey had no answer to him.

Trier on the other hand was the reason we almost lost. Yes he hit all the free throws which were crucial but the guys he guarded (and I use that term loosely) scored on virtually ever possession in the last 5 minutes. The Ducks then started throwing up 3's from the guards instead of feeding the guy trier was standing next to. If they had continued with that offense, they would have scored and Trier would have fouled out. We got lucky that didn't happen.

In my estimation, Coach Miller was talking about Zo after the Colorado loss. He is a liability when he is at the point and the offense stops when he's there. His idea of running the offense is to dribble the ball until there's less than 10 seconds and either force a pass and create a turnover or chuck up a prayer 3 that is rarely answered.

There is no way Trier will win P12 POY, he'll be lucky to make 2nd team P12. He might not get AA status either. He's running on reputation (last year and the early non-conference games).

He may have the heart of a lion but he is playing for himself. I guess that's why the NBA doesn't have him as a first round selection and barely in the 2nd round.

Believe it or not, I really hope he can turn things around and really lead the Cats to the Final Four.
                    A couple valid points, but mostly a ridiculous take. He has been too unselfish if anything this year. And yes, Deb is right, Trier has been the best at throwing it into Ayton as well in my estimation.

Comment

Trier definitely needs to play with energy. When somebody pisses him off on the court...he is unstoppable.

He set the tone in the game when he took the tipoff and gave the ball to Oregon...which led to a nice Duck-run.

We all love the fact that he returned to school and his shot looks good...but his defense absolutely fell apart. I hope Miller can set him straight because he has proven that he "can" be our best defender.

Comment

I think Miller addressed this a bit today in the presser; when Trier stands around without the ball, that's the problem. Run a play, get involved, and he can get to the line like no other...I'd be very happy with Zo getting his 20pts all at the line -- it'd make him even more valuable as a teammate.

Comment

Working...
                        X