Just for fun! Starting 5 for the 2018-2019 season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for fun! Starting 5 for the 2018-2019 season

PG A. Barcello. SG B. Williams SF B. Randolph. PF I. Lee. C C. Jeter. first off the bench Akot, O'Neal and Smith
    Last edited by Zona Nation; 12-13-2017, 03:32 PM.

Love that lineup. Definitely need to add one more guard and one more big man to the roster.

Comment

We know Ayton is gone as a lottery pick unless something ridiculous happens along with seniors Ristic (thank fucking God), PJC (he will be missed) and Pinder (love his hard work). Based on the lineup above, the assumption is Trier and Alkins are also leaving yet I believe that has only a 50/50 coin flip of happening at this point. If one or both are projected 2nd round picks when the season is over, I could see at least one coming back again as I don't believe either of them came back for this season only to be a 2nd round pick. Assuming ZN has it right with both leaving, my only change would be Dylan Smith over B. Williams to at least start the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickelback View Post
        We know Ayton is gone as a lottery pick unless something ridiculous happens along with seniors Ristic (thank fucking God), PJC (he will be missed) and Pinder (love his hard work). Based on the lineup above, the assumption is Trier and Alkins are also leaving yet I believe that has only a 50/50 coin flip of happening at this point. If one or both are projected 2nd round picks when the season is over, I could see at least one coming back again as I don't believe either of them came back for this season only to be a 2nd round pick. Assuming ZN has it right with both leaving, my only change would be Dylan Smith over B. Williams to at least start the season.
        Of course they came back hoping to be better than a second round pick. But if either of them are not rated at that high or higher by the end of this year they will likely never get there. So if your main goal is to play basketball it's still a reasonable decision, as sticking around a year just to see your perceived draft potential stay the same or get worse is not desirable... Obviously any personal desire to graduate near term could sway that opinion, but its difficult to tell who that really matters to at this point in their lives

Comment

Trier already stated in June that this was the last draft he would watch before he had his turn in it. So he gone.

Comment

Just a question - is Ira Lee better than O'Neal?
            I really love Lee's hustle and energy and I can see that he would have the advantage because of the year in the program, but is he better than O'Neal such that he would be the starter? We all know at the beginning of the season Miller starts the best 5 regardless of how well they complement each other.
            (And I know O'Neal isn't as dominating a player as his father was.)

Comment

Well as long as we're just fantasizing, let's say Deandre just adores his business major and wants to stay in school so Sean Miller can sculpt him into the consumate professional and so all us greedy fans get to watch him glide to the bucket another whole season before he takes over the Association.

Comment

Originally posted by goldscribe View Post
                Well as long as we're just fantasizing, let's say Deandre just adores his business major and wants to stay in school so Sean Miller can sculpt him into the consumate professional and so all us greedy fans get to watch him glide to the bucket another whole season before he takes over the Association.
                Appreciate the dream, Gold - but it's not gonna happen. No #5 and up lotto picked stays. Not worth the risk to injury over the $$

Comment

I think there’s a small chance that Rawls stays for another year and becomes the focal point of our team.

The injury set him back and next year could be a great opportunity to show accounts that he is a 1st round talent.

Comment

Williams is lighting it up and getting back to his old form. He will start over Barcello. Williams. Randolph. Akot. O'neal. Jeter. Send it!

Comment

Barcello,Randolph,Oneal,Lee,Jeter
                      pretty sure akot transfers but hopefully I'm wrong and he turns into a good player.

Comment

Miller always plays experience over talent, but we may be short-handed next year so we'll see if Williams starts. So much can happen before next season, but If I had to take a shot at a guess, it'd be Barcello, Smith, Lee, & Jeter - with maybe Williams getting in there too. Depending if we get anybody else. I think Ayton, ZO, Rawle, Randolph and Akot are gone. And Reef goes elsewhere, prob Kentucky.

Comment

Where's Randolph going Deb?

Comment

Randolph is not going pro and he's to good to transfer and waste a year sitting out next year. Imo

Comment

Originally posted by 3===D~~~ASU View Post
                              Where's Randolph going Deb?
                              I don't know if he declares or not, but it's just a feeling as I've seen his name higher (38 range) on recent draft boards than Trier lately. I really like Randolph and wish he's at AZ next year, but seems so few stay any more. I could very well be wrong tho like I was about Rawle leaving. Kinda hope I am.

Comment

Everything depends on the looming fbi case. If there are no sanctions I think you see Williams, Smith, Randolph, Lee, O’Neal if the fbi happens I think Williams and O’Neal decommit , Randolph and Lee transfer and the only meaningful guys that stay are barcello (who becomes a local folk hero) and jeter and Smith (only because they have no other options)

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCats View Post
                                  Everything depends on the looming fbi case. If there are no sanctions I think you see Williams, Smith, Randolph, Lee, O’Neal if the fbi happens I think Williams and O’Neal decommit , Randolph and Lee transfer and the only meaningful guys that stay are barcello (who becomes a local folk hero) and jeter and Smith (only because they have no other options)
                                  We can beat teams 3 on 5. FTW!!!

Comment

I want to echo that last comment because we've avoided it, no doubt for the dread factor.

Ladies and gents, boys and girls, EVEVERYTHING depends on the FBI case and what the NCAA and its commission does after that. I'm an old newshound, and maybe this is as bad as it gets, and there will be some sanctions and Richardson and the rest are innocent or maybe not too guilty.

We know there's a massive stink behind this bit of exposed corruption.If there's a lot more, if this is the Watergate of college basketball, this thing could go miles beyond sanctions. Coach Miller acknowledges its his program and he's responsible even if it was behind his back. The facts will roll out as the legal wheels grind slowly and the NCAA ponders. As the facts emerge, if the odor gets bad enough, the consequences could be painful.

Sanctions? Once punishments look serious, our recruits decommit as fast as the newspapers can write the headlines. Hell, we might lose active roster players. Just how DID we get all that great talent year after year when others can't land them? Is there a trick to it? Just who IS in on it?

Coach Miller could go the way of Pitino. For all some of us here complain about Sean Miller, I don't really think many of us want him banished to basketball scandal ignominity.Or doing a perp walk on the evening news.

If there's enough stench to go around, coaching over at Washington could be enough to taint Coach Romar, who would otherwise be as good a fallback coach as we could hope for,

The whole wonderful ship of Wildcat basketball, assembled with Fred Snowden's Kiddie Korps foundation (thanks Bob) and built with Lute's very deliberate hands and quite well maintained under Miller, all at McKale, the place to be in Tucson--all that could come crashing down with serious convictions that could play out in the next few years.. And you can expect appeals: legal overtime.

No wonder. Coach was right. Lets think about basketball.

Comment

Brandon Williams is back to 5* status according to Scout

Comment

I'm changing my starting 5. PG. B. Williams SG. B. Randolph SF. D. Smith PF. S. O'Neal C. C. Jeter

Comment

Originally posted by Zona Nation View Post
                                          I'm changing my starting 5. PG. B. Williams SG. B. Randolph SF. D. Smith PF. S. O'Neal C. C. Jeter
                                          I think I agree with this. Though still hopeful that Akot puts it together and starts at the 3 with Smith’s scoring off the bench as the 6th man

Comment

It's hard to see Trier staying for any reason. If memory serves, he really hasn't moved up the draft boards since his freshman year. He has to realize another year won't change anything. I'm not so sure about Alkins though. If he still projects as a second rounder this year, I could see him staying. He's our third scoring option this year, behind two of the best offensive threats in college hoops. Next year he would have much more opportunity to show his offensive skills.

But, as stated above, the FBI investigation will determine everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Baxter View Post
                                              It's hard to see Trier staying for any reason. If memory serves, he really hasn't moved up the draft boards since his freshman year. He has to realize another year won't change anything. I'm not so sure about Alkins though. If he still projects as a second rounder this year, I could see him staying. He's our third scoring option this year, behind two of the best offensive threats in college hoops. Next year he would have much more opportunity to show his offensive skills.

But, as stated above, the FBI investigation will determine everything.
                                              Agreed. I think Rawle stays so he can prove to scouts that he can remain "healthy".

Assuming he leaves...I think the roster would be B-Will/Smith/Akot/O'Neal/Jeter

Akot proved that he can be a defensive presence and that lineup would have a ton of length.

With Randolph and Barcello coming off the bench...we would have a nice arsenal of shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by KansasCityCats View Post

Agreed. I think Rawle stays so he can prove to scouts that he can remain "healthy".

Assuming he leaves...I think the roster would be B-Will/Smith/Akot/O'Neal/Jeter

Akot proved that he can be a defensive presence and that lineup would have a ton of length.

With Randolph and Barcello coming off the bench...we would have a nice arsenal of shooters.
                                                I would just trade Randolph with Smith in this starting lineup.

Comment

I’ve really been impressed with Randolph’s defense in his limited minutes.

If he stops taking contested jumpers early in the shot clock, Miller will likely reward him with extended minutes next season...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X