Predict our starting 5 for next season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predict our starting 5 for next season

PG Nico SG BWill SF Green PF Zeke C Jeter. First 3 off the bench Randolph, DD, Lee/ Gettings

I like it, but I don't know if Randolph is gonna want to go from starting this whole season to coming off the bench next year. Hopefully he accepts it, because that lineup is awesome!

Comment

Nico/B-Will/Randolph/Nnaji/Jeter

we will have some serious backcourt depth...

Comment

Originally posted by KansasCityCats View Post
        Nico/B-Will/Randolph/Nnaji/Jeter

we will have some serious backcourt depth...
        I think this is the most likely; Randolph should not be going backwards, he's progressing and will continue to grow to where if he's not starting next season it might be because he tried to test early-exit. I might put Lee ahead of Nnaji as an upperclassman too; the kid had a rough summer and has improved a bit from last year in the limited time I've seen of him...if he can grow a bit more then as a Junior I'd be willing to bet he wins out over a 4* freshman. I actually expect Lee to start beating out Luther soon, given the lack of production at the #4.

Also, I love what Nico brings, but it is possible that he doesn't start in the beginning of the year (the honors going to B-Will) with maybe Green at #2...or maybe DD if he can put on weight.

I am optimistic for next year with this solid mix of talent -- nervous about what legal ramifications come via April or NCAA imposing random reactive punishments though.

Comment

I don't see how you guys don't have Green starting. He's the highest rated recruit in this class. Hes going to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Krislees View Post
            I don't see how you guys don't have Green starting. He's the highest rated recruit in this class. Hes going to start.
            I agree. I would probably guess

Brandon Williams
            Brandon Randolph
            Josh Green
            Zeke Nnaji
            Chase Jeter

Comment

Nico has a real chance to be special IMO but as always the ability to play Miller's brand of defense will dictate which Freshman see the starting rotation and/or significant minutes.
              Go STRONG to the mouth

Comment

Nico, BWill, Green, Zeke and Chase. I think Randolph is gone after this year.

Comment

Guys if you don't think Green is starting then you're really stupid

Comment

If both Brandons stay in Tucson this year, then Miller will make me look stupid.

No way they bench Nico & start Williams at the point with Green at the 2.

Comment

Hmm, so if that situation occurred where both Brandons stayed, Miller could always opt for "best 5" on the floor to start and go G, G, G, G, C. That'd allow him to do something like:
                      Nico, Williams, Randolph, Green, Jeter...that would be quite the run and gun setup.

Then on a defensive larger format platoon off the bench:
                      Armstrong, Akot, Lee, Koloko and keep in either Nico or Williams at point.

Doutrive subbing in 1-3 if he can add more meat would be my 6th man.

I'm assuming Barcello and/or Dylan transfers since both Brandons staying would bury them (or at least should).

Fun to think about but the next 9 months may make us all look stupid.

Comment

Next year's roster is starting to take shape so I thought we could revisit this thread

Comment

I still stand by your initial lineup ZN with maybe a few changes,
                          PG - Nico
                          SG - BWill
                          SF - Green
                          PF - Lee
                          C - Jeter

Comment

Lee with Njali coming off the bench to at least start the season I would think. Or possibly Zeke playing some Center when Jeter inevitably gets hurt.

Comment

I'll still stick with the starters I had earlier: 3 frosh in Nico, Green and Nnaji - a soph in BWill and a senior in Jeter. Btw, 5 teams in the last ten yrs that have started 3 frosh and have went to a FF - '11 UConn, '12 UK, '13 MI, '14 UK and '15 Duke.

We don't know yet who's leaving, but I'll guess Randolph for sure and DD and maybe Smith. If that holds, first off bench will be Hazzard (miller loves him some grad transfers) - sure hope he can hit some threes like he did as an Anteater. Lee and Armstrong next, then Gettings. And Koloko and Barcello with spot minutes.

That is one fine team.

Comment

Things will likely change again, but I'd predict these starters:

Nico
                                B-Will
                                Green
                                Lee
                                Chase

Nnaji could easily get more overall minutes than Ira Lee, but I don't know if Miller will start 3 freshmen...

Comment

Based on how the roster looks at this point I agree with comments above most likely:

Nico
                                  BWill
                                  Green
                                  Lee
                                  Jeter

Second Unit:

Hazzard (first off the bench most likely)
                                  Doutrive
                                  Armstrong
                                  Gettings
                                  Zeke

Spot Minutes:

Barcello
                                  Koloko

Comment

With Doutrive not returning, I assume that Nnaji and Armstrong will be the first two off the bench (with extensive minutes).

I also hope that Barcello improves and takes advantage of the opening in the backcourt. He hustles and shows a lot of effort, despite the rough shooting numbers.

Comment

Everyone here thinking Nnaji will start, why is that? What have you seen that will have him start over Lee? I've seen a lot of Zeke in high school and he is still missing the hustle needed to be a starter. The only argument I see having Lee come off the bench is to have a reliable upperclassman anchor the bench.

Comment

He can stretch the defense with a shot that's much better than Ira's (from beyond 12'). He handles the ball well & is a long defender.

Ira is likely the better interior player (on both sides of the ball), but I assume that Miller will prefer a more "mobile" roster from 1-4 (Chase excluded). Ira will likely start, but I envision Nnaji with more minutes by the end of the season.

Hopefully I'm wrong & they both get equal time because they're both fun to watch.

Comment

I agree Lee will most likely get the start, but Nnaji has the better skill set and if he can bulk up and stay consistent especially on defense I'm sure he can end up getting equal amount of minutes even if Lee starts.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee start at the beginning of the season, I'd be surprised if he held that spot though

Comment

Lee surprised me with his growth this past year; if he can stay on that trajectory he might just hold the spot, and would set himself up for a fantastic senior year.

Comment

So after some recent announcements I guess our starting 5/current roster could look like this

Nico
                                                BWill
                                                Green
                                                Lee
                                                Jeter

Hazzard
                                                Smith
                                                Armstrong
                                                Gettings
                                                Nnaji

Barcello
                                                Koloko