Inexcusable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexcusable

Welp what to make of tonight? How the hell did Goloman own Ayton tonight?

Nobody on this team can guard their man.

Comment

Pitiful. Horrific to sit through. Embarrassing. I'm out of words that aren't blue four letter ones.

Comment

Same old, same old. Oodles of talent but no passion, no leadership. Time for a change.

Comment

Sean Miller; a rough patch mixing the pieces of talented team or a disturbing trend?
          Go STRONG to the mouth

Comment

This team has suffered from a lack of leadership all year. No one seems to care and they don't have the desire to play a lick of defense. Last night's game was just horrific and could be the beginning of the end for the Cats.

Comment

This is the first game where Ayton looked "bad". He pulled in some good rebounds and picked up garbage buckets after others missed...but wasn't himself.

Too many "long" 2 point attempts, missed jumpers, poor defense...and he was even SWATTED on multiple occasions.

I still think that Rawle is not 100%. This is the 2nd consecutive game where he looks more like a liability than an asset. His shot is off and players are easily beating him off the dribble.

This was just a poor game...yet it was still winnable because UCLA played like crap. If it weren't for Hands' three consecutive 3-pointers to end the 1st half...Arizona somehow wins by 1. BTW...Hands was miserable outside of those three shots. Wish he took 20 attempts last night.

Not sure what Miller can do to make these kids play with intensity. Hopefully, they wake up in the postseason and become a Cinderella...because nobody expects them to advance very far. We have the talent...and this is the last opportunity to make a deep run in the next couple years.

Comment

I did not enjoy watching Cameron Dollar hold the ball for 25 seconds then just drive to the rim and get an easy layup every possession once UCLA had a lead.

Comment

IMO UCLA executed a prefect plan against Arizona. You can play like crap and beat us : On D - Play a decent zone and force us into our ridiculous motion offense. On offense - it's even easier : run semi-up-tempo and either pull up on a quick 3 (they shot almost 46%) because we can't guard the perimeter or slash the lane because we are so easy to beat off the dribble. Add that simple formula to no one giving a shit and you just described Arizona.

We haven't done anything special (by our standards) in well over a decade.....and the forecast is not good. So the question for Arizona athletics is: are they OK with the status quo.

BEAR DOWN, forever a fan, but never been more perplexed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jav View Post
                    I did not enjoy watching Cameron Dollar hold the ball for 25 seconds then just drive to the rim and get an easy layup every possession once UCLA had a lead.
                    I blame the refs. Coaches should not be permitted to touch the ball while it's in play, certainly not hold it, and definitely not drive and have their baskets counted. Friggin' Pac12 refs!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ben View Post
                      We haven't done anything special (by our standards) in well over a decade.....
                      Agreed on all but the above. This program has been special until late March.

Arizona made it to the Sweet 16 (or beyond) in 5 of the last 7 seasons. Miller won the conference tournament twice and won the Pac-12 regular season four times.

I'd consider 27+ wins per year "special"...especially considering the fact that Lute left this program in a miserable condition (obviously not intentional).

After Bill Self's 4th season at KU, there were plenty of donors asking for his resignation. He finally made the Final Four in Year 5...but has only replicated once more in his 14 total seasons.

I think Miller deserves an opportunity to work with the 3-4* recruits over the next couple years to see if he can reach the FF with a veteran roster. If Arizona isn't a contender by the end of the 2019-20 season...it may be time for change.

I still believe that we'll see a National Championship within the next 4 years!

Comment

Originally posted by KansasCityCats View Post

Arizona made it to the Sweet 16 (or beyond) in 5 of the last 7 seasons. Miller won the conference tournament twice and won the Pac-12 regular season four times.

I'd consider 27+ wins per year "special"...especially considering the fact that Lute left this program in a miserable condition (obviously not intentional).

After Bill Self's 4th season at KU, there were plenty of donors asking for his resignation. He finally made the Final Four in Year 5...but has only replicated once more in his 14 total seasons.

I think Miller deserves an opportunity to work with the 3-4* recruits over the next couple years to see if he can reach the FF with a veteran roster. If Arizona isn't a contender by the end of the 2019-20 season...it may be time for change.

I hope you are right about the Championship. I have been a firm supporter of Miller since he got here. But with the ongoing FBI investigation and the NCAA investigation and with zero signed recruits for next year - will he stay is my questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Baxter View Post

I blame the refs. Coaches should not be permitted to touch the ball while it's in play, certainly not hold it, and definitely not drive and have their baskets counted. Friggin' Pac12 refs!!!!!
                          It was obvious that Walton just slipped up when he was intending to talk about Holliday. I'm not sure if his references after that were poking fun at himself or he was really confused lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KansasCityCats View Post

Very fair comments, Kansas. I just frustrated with the early projections of this team and lack of development. At the midpoint of Feb - we have an extremely short runway to get ready for March - and we seem to be flooring it in reverse. And I agree with TomCat. The FBI/NCAA is not going away - so I would tend to agree with you with the exception of that dark cloud over the program

Comment

A lot of this is on Ayton too. I realize he's a freshman, but he is not trying hard. Particularly the last 10 games or so, he's coasting. His size and athleticism is so far above everyone else that he can coast and still be amazing, but it's setting a tone for this team that is killing us. Three of our starting five (Ayton, Trier, PJC) are putting forth almost zero effort on defense. Not sure what to think of Alkins at this point, except that either his foot or his recovery are holding him back. Ristic is the only one showing consistent fire, and unfortunately his physical limitations make him useless on D.

If Miller somehow gets Ayton and Trier to play 100% on defense, we can be an Elite Eight or Final Four team. But we've seen no signs of that happening, and I'm expecting a Round of 32 or possibly Round of 64 exit. Frankly, last night's team would only win two more games this year (home vs Stanford and Cal).

Comment

Yup. It’s a really dark cloud looming over the program. I hope it goes away so the recruits and fans won’t hesitate to support Tê future of Arizona basketball.

Ayton never had had a sense of urgency, but unlike Trae Young...he still runs up the court and tries to get transition buckets. He needs to step up on defense. I assume that he doesn’t want to foul out because less minutes equates to less stats...and that won’t help become a #1 overall pick...

this is team needs to play like the want a national championship THIS year.

Comment

I waited two days before posting so I did not post something in the heat of the moment. I wanted to rationally think through what took place. That being said

Comments above about "passion", "sense of urgency", "effort", and "lack of leadership" are spot on. When the season is over Miller should make a poster of this team with the words "Underachievers" in big, bold letters and post it all over the locker room and McKale as a reminder to future teams. There is more passion here on Bear Down Central than this team has ever shown.

Did not get to see the entire game but it is the first time I hoped the home crowd booed an Arizona team off the court.

This team is staring a 5 game losing in the face as they will lose today to USC and get swept on the Oregon trip.

I cannot believe I am saying this but I am all but done with this team. All the evidence suggests that this team will do nothing but disappoint us in the Tourney, if they even get to the Tourney. This is the most disappointed I have ever been in an Arizona team and I have followed them for 33 years. And I was even in Atlanta at the old Omni Coliseum when Arizona lost to 14 seed East Tennessee State in 1992.

Try and Bear Down Everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by SCDave View Post
                                    I waited two days before posting so I did not post something in the heat of the moment. I wanted to rationally think through what took place. That being said

Comments above about "passion", "sense of urgency", "effort", and "lack of leadership" are spot on. When the season is over Miller should make a poster of this team with the words "Underachievers" in big, bold letters and post it all over the locker room and McKale as a reminder to future teams. There is more passion here on Bear Down Central than this team has ever shown.

Did not get to see the entire game but it is the first time I hoped the home crowd booed an Arizona team off the court.

This team is staring a 5 game losing in the face as they will lose today to USC and get swept on the Oregon trip.

I cannot believe I am saying this but I am all but done with this team. All the evidence suggests that this team will do nothing but disappoint us in the Tourney, if they even get to the Tourney. This is the most disappointed I have ever been in an Arizona team and I have followed them for 33 years. And I was even in Atlanta at the old Omni Coliseum when Arizona lost to 14 seed East Tennessee State in 1992.

Try and Bear Down Everyone.
                                    See you, Dave. We’ll be right here when you get back.

Comment

Who was the glue?

Remember hearing in years past how the team all lived in one big house, the cohesion? And yet with probably more talent than ever, not so this year. What's missing? Not talent. We're loaded with that. The joy is missing. The fire is missing. And maybe connected to that, perhaps a big reason behind it is we are missing the cheerleader within.

The man who coached "spirit" was arrested and fired. Maybe losing Book Richardson was more than getting rid of bad news. I hope he's innocent, I fear he's not, and I suspect he's much of the glue that's missing.

I also agree with every announcer who says we should give Ayton a touch on almost every possession, and that there's more middle ground (and points!) between dunks and threes.

But this old Cat is still sentimental for Sean, Tom and Steeeeeeeve Keeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr.

Remember, we were tied for 4th in the PAC in '97, with a low seed. Cats came together at the right time, with Miles Simon rising after missing first-semester play. It looks dismal today after we were embarrassed by UCLA, might look worse if we can't put some hurt on USC tonight. But to quote an old NBA line about championships, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings."

Sing Final Four songs to us, Deandre, before you make string music for 20 years in the NBA. Dusan, prepare for a stellar Euro career. Team, we need you to be gluish.

Comment

Originally posted by goldscribe View Post
                                        Who was the glue?

Remember hearing in years past how the team all lived in one big house, the cohesion? And yet with probably more talent than ever, not so this year. What's missing? Not talent. We're loaded with that. The joy is missing. The fire is missing. And maybe connected to that, perhaps a big reason behind it is we are missing the cheerleader within.

The man who coached "spirit" was arrested and fired. Maybe losing Book Richardson was more than getting rid of bad news. I hope he's innocent, I fear he's not, and I suspect he's much of the glue that's missing.

I also agree with every announcer who says we should give Ayton a touch on almost every possession, and that there's more middle ground (and points!) between dunks and threes.

But this old Cat is still sentimental for Sean, Tom and Steeeeeeeve Keeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr.

Remember, we were tied for 4th in the PAC in '97, with a low seed. Cats came together at the right time, with Miles Simon rising after missing first-semester play. It looks dismal today after we were embarrassed by UCLA, might look worse if we can't put some hurt on USC tonight. But to quote an old NBA line about championships, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings."

Sing Final Four songs to us, Deandre, before you make string music for 20 years in the NBA. Dusan, prepare for a stellar Euro career. Team, we need you to be gluish.
                                        Replace PJC with Kadeem on this team and we're Top 5. Replace PJC with TJ and we're best in the nation. I do not fault PJC; he's done the best he can with his talent. He has kept quiet and worked hard for 4 years. But mother nature built him to be a backup point guard, not a starter. Rawle is the only one on this team whose passion can make everyone else better. Hopefully last night Rawle and the team turned a corner on the rest of the season.

Comment

I would like to see Rawle become the leader of this team.

Comment

Even better...would love to see him be the leader during his Junior year

Comment

What a difference two games make. Makes one wonder how wise it is to comment immediately following an emotional loss?

Comment

Working...
                                              X